MIYABI FUSION MORIMOTO EDITION Collection (Damascus)
Chef Morimoto has partnered with MIYABI to create knives that reflect his unparalleled expertise and unrivaled passion for the art of cuisine. Each premium line has been exquisitely crafted to the Chef's exacting specifications.
Chef Morimoto uses the best Japanese and Western techniques in his signature cuisine. He has applied the same philosophy to knife design. MIYABI FUSION Morimoto Edition merges: authentic Japanese blade styles, Western-inspired ergonomics, and super steel.
The resilient core of VG10 (CMV60) super steel is protected by a stunning 64-layer flower Damascus pattern.
Like turning dough into great bread, the full potential of steel can only be unlocked with the proper baking or heat treatment. The CRYODUR® blade undergoes a four-step hardening process that maximizes the properties of the steel.
1. Hardening done in a state-of-the-art vacuum furnace
2. Rapid-quenching to room temperature in seconds
3. Cryogenic treatment at -321° F to enhance the corrosion resistance
4. Double tempering to improve toughness
The result, beautiful and exceptionally sharp knives, that remain sharper longer.
- Made in Seki, Japan
- Perfectly balanced knife designed by master chef Morimoto
- VG10 (CMV60) super steel
- Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile with rounded spines
- 3-step Honbazuke hand-honed to 9.5-12º for exceptionally high sharpness
- CRYODUR®, blade ice-hardened to HRC 60 for extremely long lasting sharpness.
- Beautiful 65 layer flower Damascus design
- Three rivet handle made of glass-bead enhanced POM. Durable, will not crack or discolor.
Essential Set of 3 Knives contains one each of: 3.5-inch Paring, 4.5-inch Utility and 8-inch Chef’s Knife.
3.5-inch Paring Knife
4.5-inch Utility Knife
7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
8-inch Chef’s Knife