MIYABI RED Morimoto Edition
Chef Morimoto uses the best Japanese and Western techniques in his signature cuisine. He has applied the same philosophy to knife design. MIYABI RED Morimoto Edition merges authentic Japanese blade styles with Western-inspired ergonomics and materials.
The knives are made of proprietary special formula German steel that impresses with its optimum balance of chromium and carbon, the secret of good steel. Combined with the FRIODUR®, ice-hardening technique, the result is a harder, sharper blade that will NOT STAIN or chip and remains sharp longer.
MIYABI RED Morimoto Edition features the sharpness Japanese knives are famous for and the easy care and comfort of the best German knives.
- Made in Seki, Japan
- German special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
- Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile with rounded spines
- 3-step Honbazuke hand-honed to 9.5-12º for higher sharpness
- FRIODUR® blade, ice-hardened to HRC 57 for longer lasting sharpness and superior resilience.
- Three rivet handle made of glass-bead enhanced POM. Durable, will not crack or discolor.
Essential Set of 3 Knives contains one each of: 3.5-inch Paring, 6-inch Utility and 8-inch Chef’s Knife.
3.5-inch Paring Knife
6-inch Utility Knife
7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
8-inch Chef’s Knife